School Structure - Day and Calendar
- Alter the Quest school calendar to incorporate a year round configuration for school year 2017-18. The configuration will adhere to the current 185 student attendance days with 202 teacher attendance days.
- Restructure the high school daily schedule to promote a more positive culture and maximize student achievement.
- Restructure the middle school day to promote a more positive culture and maximize student achievement.
- Restructure the professional growth calendar for teachers.
Beginning with the 2016-2017 school year Quest will reconfigure school structures to achieve the Quest vision, ensure customer satisfaction and meet District #150 achievement goals as measured through: 1) lottery application numbers, 2) re-enrollment numbers, 3) test scores, 4) grades, 5) behavioral statistics (#s of discipline referrals, suspensions, expulsions), and 6) college acceptance percentages.
- Determine a year round configuration that best fits Quest.
- Implement a later start time for students.
- Reschedule advisory period and incorporate a flex hour.
- Reduce the number of HS classes from 9 to 7/day.
- Add an RtI Coach to maintain data and deliver interventions.
- Integrate more PE activities into the school day.
- Incorporate a daily collaboration, common planning, and PD for teachers.
Tangible and Intangible Benefits
- Higher retention of learning.
- Higher test scores.
- Higher attendance rate and less tardies.
- Less teacher stress and turnover.
- More cohesive curriculum.
- Increased staff communication and planning.
- Increased positive school culture.
Download Full Plan