La traducción de esta página aún no está disponible en Español. Esperámos tener la traducción en Español en un futuro próximo. Para su conveniencia, la versión en Inglés se muestra abajo.
Guided by adult Coaches, FIRST LEGO League teams research a real-world problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, etc., and are challenged to develop a solution. They also must design, build, program a robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology, then compete on a table-top playing field. It all adds up to a lot of fun while they learn to apply science, technology, engineering, and math concepts (STEM), plus a big dose of imagination, to solve a problem. Along their discovery journey, they develop critical thinking and team-building skills, basic STEM applications, and even presentation skills, as they must present their solutions with a dash of creativity to judges. They also practice the Program’s signature Core Values:
- We are a team.
- We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors.
- We know our coaches and mentors don't have all the answers; we learn together.
- We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
- What we discover is more important than what we win.
- We share our experiences with others.
- We display Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition® in everything we do.
- We have FUN!
The positive impact FIRST LEGO League has on participants is gratifying and well documented. Over 88% are more interested in doing well in school, and 87% have more interest in attending college.
To learn more about FIRST Lego League at Quest, please contact the teacher coach, Miss Kayla Trammel.